How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65310
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I help my son with cholozipam withdrawal

Customer Question

how can I help my son with cholozipam withdrawal
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.


You can get him to a doctor.

This can be dangerous, and if you try to manage this, you can become responsible for a very bad outcome.

A doctor can prescribe a medication such as clonipine, a non-benzo, that is not addicting and can allevaite symptoms.

Some people need to be admitted to the hospital for withdrawal, depending on the situation.

Withdrawal unsupervised can cause seizures and other problems.

OFten a controlled taper, by the doctor, is needed.

I would take him to the ER if he can not see a doctor now.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

I have not heard back from you. Please let me know if you have more details or questions.

I want to assert again that this needs doctor management, can can be unacceptably dangerous and even life threatening without such management.

Find me anytime.

Please click a positive rating: that is how we are paid and can provide this service: per rating.

Again, I even suggest the ER if needed.