How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 55454
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I found an area on one of my testicles that is a bit

Customer Question

I found an area on one of my testicles that is a bit irregular (could their be a blood vessel system feeding the testicle?) It is very difficult to reproduce is this possible?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question

What you are likely feeling is something called a varicocele.

This is a plexus of veins that drains the testicle.

Often times, it is described as a "bag of worms".

It feels like a bunch of blood vessels

So, to answer your question, yes

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.


AS you have described this it is "an area on one of my testicles that is a bit irregular"

A varicocele is not typically on the testicle, it can be felt as a separate mass, like worms, and does not typically hang from the testicle.

You might bee felling the epidytimus, which is a structure that rides on the testicle.

I will tell you, more importantly, that this needs to be examined. Any mass on the testicle that is new at age 76 is not likely a sudden varicocele.

So, although it might be normal, all causes of a mass or irregularity on the testicle must be ruled out, including tumor.

See your doctor to have this examined.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

I forgot one other possibility.

It could be a spermatocele. These are benign as well

You should see a doctor but most testicular lesions at your age are normal.

It is not an emergency. Just get seen when you can. Hopefully within the next 1-2 weeks