Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I was cleaning my ear out a few days ago. I don't stick it

Customer Question

I was cleaning my ear out a few days ago. I don't stick it in far at all. I have very sensitive ears. But it hurt a great deal. No drainage no blood no hearing loss just a lot of pain for like 4 days
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Your ear needs to be examined by your doctor. Your ear pain is likely caused by inflammation of the external ear and this can happen by cleaning the ear since this can damage the sensitive skin in your ear canal. Your doctor can prescribe ear drops that will usually improve the symptoms within a few days. Since this is a particularly painful condition, for the pain you may take tylenol or advil. In future avoid using ear buds and temporarily till this heals, avoid getting water, soap or shampoo into your ear when you have a shower or bath.

Take care.

Please accept the answer by clicking five stars.

Thanks.