How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29099
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have pain in my right pelvic area, around where the ovary

Customer Question

I have pain in my right pelvic area, around where the ovary is located, with movement. I also have itching in the vaginal area.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Vaginal itching can be due to the yeast infection commonly.

Pain can be due to the muscle strain commonly.

However ovarian cyst is also possible which can cause such pain.

Acute appendicitis is another possibility which usually causes fever, nausea, vomiting, bowel movement changes as well.

If the pain i worsening then you will need to go the ER for CT scan to differentiate between these two conditions.

You can try over the counter Monistat 3 day treatment for vaginal itching.

Over the counter Advil 3 tablets at a time can be taken every 8 hours for pain.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile: