How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 18450
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sine dentist refilled a tooth and cleaned between teeth have

Customer Question

Customer: sine dentist refilled a tooth and cleaned between teeth have had pain along the gums which is becoming unbearable what should i do
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: pain is only on one side of face and it feels swollen at the top although cleaning was on the botton
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

You do not say how long it has been since the dental work.

If it has been a short period of time, then it could be due to inflammation and some swelling related to the dental work. In this setting, it would be reasonable to use a hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse and to take an oral anti-inflammatory medicine, such as ibuprofen or naproxen.

It is also possible that there could be an infection. However, an infection usually develops after a couple days or more. An infection would also be more of a concern if the symptoms have persisted. If there is an infection, then it would usually need an oral antibiotic, so it would require being seen by your dentist or by a doctor.

If uncertain, it would be fine to try the hydrogen peroxide and anti-inflammatory medicine initially, and then see your dentist if the symptoms persist despite these interventions.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.