How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 45995
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has previous bouts with diverticulitis. He has

Customer Question

My husband has previous bouts with diverticulitis.
He has been having gas pain since yesterday evening .
He is now 24 hours later ... still complaining of gas, having chills and has a temperature of 99.9 .
Please advise.
- Do we wait and see?
Should I take him to ER?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you should take him to the ER for evaluation

he might need a course of antibiotics

chills and low grade temp are signs of infection and diverticulitis.

better to be safe than sorry

take him to the ER

you don't want diverticulitis infections to get worse

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using