How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Muneeb Ali Your Own Question
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 7425
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Muneeb Ali is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have dull menstrual like cramps below my belly button.

Customer Question

I have dull menstrual like cramps below my belly button. It's not time for period and in no way can I be pregnant. They are constant and are getting worse. It's two days now that they have increased in severity. Could it be my colon? I also feel bloated or swollen.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 year ago.


im sorry to hear about your symptoms.

There are number of conditions which can cause these cramps in your lower abdomen. This can be due to Pelvic inflammatory disease if you have fever, lower abdominal pain , urinary symptoms like frequency or burning and vaginal discharge.If this is the case then you would need a pelvic exam to be diagnosed and also a ultrasound

UTI/Cystitis which is an infection of the urinary tract and the bladder can also cause lower abdominal pain of this region along with symptoms like increased frequency, dark colored urine etc. The diagnosis is made via urine tests and an ultrasound of the abdomen.

IBS or irritable bowel syndrome can also cause lower abdominal cramps, bloating, diarrhea or constipation as well. This can be diagnosed on a clinical examination.

Intestinal cramps can also be the cause of these symptoms which can occur as a result of something you ate. This can be corrected with adequate hydration and anti spasmodic drugs. This should settle within a day or two.

Now if you symptoms worsen, see a doctor but now stay hydrated and see if this improves. If you have any of the above symptoms i described then do definitely see your doctor.

I hope I have been helpful and this answers your query. Please remember to assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow-up questions thereafter at no charge although any bonuses would be appreciated. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.

If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place and still earn a positive rating from you. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR Dr. Muneeb Ali".

Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any more questions? If done for now please leave a POSITIVE rating as until you do , i am not compensated for my time, you can continue to ask follow up questions even after the rating