How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 45989
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've been undergoing prp hair treatment in Seoul, South

Customer Question

I've been undergoing prp hair treatment in Seoul, South Korea at this clinic called won Jin beauty. Anyway, I noticed there prp treatment procedure is different. What they do is extract my blood, put in in the centrifuge so the blood and Prp separate, but they don't mix the blood and prp for injections. They only inject the blood into my scalp without the prp. Although they apply the prp on my scalp afterwars and then they have me sit under this bright light which helps my scalp absorb the prp. Now, I am no doctor, but I honestly don't think they're doing it right. They're particular procedure is called smart prep stem cell. I asked the doctor why doesn't she mix my blood with the prp upon injection. She replied "because the Prp would downgrade my blood stem cell" can I please get some feedback on my situation? Are they doing it wrong?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

the platelet rich plasma needs to be injected into the scalp

this is how it has been studied in the past

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using