Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I have had pain in my wrist since the middle of october. No

Customer Question

I have had pain in my wrist since the middle of october. No injury. It seems to hurt more if i move my pinkie. Saw my pcp the dah after thankdgiving. He thought tendonitis and did a steroid injection. It helped for maybe 24 hours. However the pain is getting worse
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Well since you had this examined and the diagnostic conclusion was tendonitis I think that this would seem most reasonable as to your probable cause. Tendonitis tends to be chronic or recurrent in nature. You may benefit to take an anti-inflammatory as the general recommendation HOWEVER WITH YOUR SPECIFIC HISTORY OF SO MUCH TROUBLE WITH GI PROBLEMS I WOULD BE VERY HESITANT FOR YOU TO USE A STANDARD NSAID...

Tylenol may be of limited help and would not hurt your stomach .Ask your doctor about considering perhaps a topical gel such as Voltaren gel and this over time may help. Cold application to tender or sore area may be helpful .OTC topical products such as ASPERCREAM may help to distract and reduce the sense of pain.

You may examine the possible factors Of your activities that may aggravate the condition and avoid these to extent possible. ( what have you noticed in this regard? Does grip with that hand cause pain for example ? Any numb or tingling of hand/ fingers ? ( thinking ? Of carpal tunnel syndrome) any limp noticed ?( thinking ? Ganglion cyst )

I hope that this is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is my pinkie side.

Does it hurt to flex or extend your wrist ? Hurt to bend toward the ulnar side of wrist? Tender to press ?? Any sign of lump?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No lumps. It hurts to bend towards my pinkie. Hurts to flex

Ok, I agree that description sounds consistent with tendonitis. Measures that I discussed above I still recommend to help reduce inflammation and pain but protect your stomach.....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no big deal it has been going on since thr middle of october

Hello again,

I think an aggravation of course but not of a serious nature ....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is treatment if resting it isnt helping

I mentioned several aspects of treatment above ...Tylenol/ Voltaren gel / avoiding aggravating activity / cold applications / Aspercream...

If these measures don't help then follow up with an orthopedic specialist.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My pinkie finger and ring finger feel weak. Merry Christmas by thecway. Have a great day.

Hello again!

If the pinkie finger and ring finger feel weak then you may have a nerve compression at some point affecting the ulnar nerve distribution. I would follow up with orthopedic specialist and let this MD know if your weakness.

I hope that this is helpful for you!

Best Regards!

Merry Christmas!!

Anthony Bray MD