How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 18771
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I have a std?

Customer Question

Do I have a std?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

What symptoms are you having that makes you suspect that you may have an STD?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No soreness big red spots no blister not itchy I have added pics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are u there ?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

No, these red spots do not look like an STD. A small red spot that develops into a blister or an ulcer would be worrisome for herpes, but these red spots would have evolved by the point that they would have gotten to this size.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so what do u think it is ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
u think it could be Sti?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

It is possible that these red spots could be due to a fungal infection of the skin of the penis, but a fungal infection of the penis is not sexually transmitted, and can occur in someone that is not sexually active.

There also are some inflammatory skin disorders that can present as red spots on the penis.

If you were being seen in the office, the usual next step would be to scrape the surface of the red spots and examine the scrapings under the microscope to look for evidence of a fungal infection. However, if you are trying to deal with this without seeing your doctor, another option would be to try an over the counter antifungal medicine to see if it helps, such as clotrimazole.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks for your help will go see sexual health doctor to check out and test
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome.

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.