Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

I have an oversize Bladder. Is there anything I can do or

Customer Question

I have an oversize Bladder. Is there anything I can do or have done to reduce size? Any medication?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you could have a neurogenic bladder where the nerves going to the bladder are damaged from diabetes or from the sacrum

the bladder wall is made up of muscles

and nerves which go to the bladder control and contract these muscles to help you push out urine.

if you have a neurogenic bladder where the nerves don't work to the bladder, it can become very large and filled with urine like what happened when they took out 3400cc of urine. that is 3.4 liters

if the nerves are permanently damaged, then you might need to do self catheterizations with a red rubber catheter every 6-8 hours to regularly empty your bladder through your penis through the catheter.

many patients learn how to do this themselves in their home.

have you tried to do self catheterizations yet?

Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

Hi David,

There are few medicines used for neurogenic bladder if the diagnosis is confirmed.

They can be anticholinergics or anti spasmodics or Tricyclic antidepressants. Discuss with your doctor about these, so that he examines you and can suggest you the right drug of choice.

Before you learn to catheterize yourselves or before going for surgical procedures, I advise you to try medical treatment on doctor's advice.

Good day!

Hope I helped you today. If done for now, please leave positive rating [Request to click on the 5th star] above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today.

We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Chaithanya" in the medicine or health categories.

If you have any medical questions in future, save this link to reach me.

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-chaithanya/

A bonus from your side is always welcome and appreciated!

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

if the nerves going to the bladder are not working, bladder antispasm medications will not work.

there are bladder nerve stimulators, either minimally invasive pudendal nerve stimulation or sacral nerve stimulation to treat neurogenic bladder

this will work better than medications.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Hi, Can I request you to accept the answer, only then we are credited for the time :) Thanks for that!