Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

My name is ***** ***** & I have a prolonged pain to the

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** & I have a prolonged pain to the front upper leg, around the groin area where the leg meets the rest of the body
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Some months ago I had a fall, resulting in some surgery to my left ankle, followed by plaster to the area & the use of crutches. The strain on my right leg seems to have resulted in this problem. It doesn't seem to improve & I am prevented from any vigorous movement
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

How long has this been going on?

What was found when you were injured?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The plaster was removed about 4 months ago. I tried to play tennis regularly, but this only exacerbated the problem. The injury severely damaged the ligaments to my left ankle resulting in the surgery which was very successful. I take ibuprofen for the pain
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am based in the UK so I wasn't able to provide my number. I have had quite a bit of physiotherapy, which has helped some of the muscular problems. But this feels like something different & more long term, to me

we could also consult via skype if you wanted.....although our time zones probably don't match up very well ;)