How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2592
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 38 year old male suffering from severe anxiety after

Customer Question

I am a 38 year old male suffering from severe anxiety after a major event in my family last year. I am not on any other medications, I do not have a PCP, and simply need short term help. I was prescribed "Alprazolam" sp. and took it about 2-3 times per week. I believe I need some more help. That medication helped me tremendously. My family event will be lasting throughout next year, but I feel I my anxiety should subside by next June - fingers crossed. What should I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Have you already called to try to arrange an appointment and establish with a primary care physician?

Are you able to contact the doctor that had prescribed the medicine previously?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have called my previous doctor's office; however, I am unable to receive further prescriptions as a result of no insurance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already called to try and arrange an appointment with my former PCP with no success.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

If you are unable to get an appointment with a primary care physician because of no insurance, then there would need to be consideration of other options in your community.

Where are you located? I realize that you would have entered your location when you registered for the site, but that information is confidential and even the experts cannot access it. Since there is discussion of sensitive personal medical information, keeping it separate from personal information is necessary to maintain privacy.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. I cannot afford further costs. How do I go about cancelling this service?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

For me to look into options in your area would not entail additional costs, but if you want to cancel the service, then you can contact customer service to do so.