Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

This question is Dr who knows the answer why does a cd 4 of

Customer Question

This question is for a Dr who knows the answer why does a cd 4 of 1400 pos 50% and cd8 of 1212 pos%43 does this mean hiv .
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

These levels do not mean HIV. The normal ranges will vary somewhat from one lab to another, but the pri***** *****ge that is seen with HIV is a lowering of the CD4 count to less than 500. However, we also do not diagnose HIV by CD4 or CD8 counts. If someone has an HIV test that is positive, then the CD4 and C8 counts are irrelevant. So, while these counts are not worrisome for HIV, they also do not exclude the possibility as good as a fourth generation HIV antibody test.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dr I have taken every Rapid test out on the market all negative . my cd 4 are 1400 and pos 50% but my cd 8 is high . i am not taking any medicine for any thing please explain to me why would the cd8be 1200 but the cd4 1400 thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

also my ratio is 1.15 normal is 0.09 to 3.7 according to the labsif i have aids or hiv would it look like this

A slightly high CD8 count can happen from any generic viral infection.

The ratio is also normal, but the above answer about HIV applies to normal ratios in the same way that it applies to the absolute levels.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok Dr so here is what my lab says I have been up not sleeping worring all night long my cd 4 1400 normal cd pos % 50 then it says Cd 8 1200 %43 high ratio 1.15 so my question to you is does hiv attack The cd4 and would I have a low count if i have Hiv . or aids thank you please explain to me these results my dr wont be back before jan and i am going out of my mind worrying help me please

I answered that above.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dr lov I do not understand your answer please tell me if my cd 4 is 1400 and cd 8 1200 is that indecate hiv

No.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dr love I have tested with 5 kits for Rapid testing for Hiv all negative are these tests accurate

That is a separate question and I would be glad to address it once there is a positive rating for the answers to the original question.