How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2592
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im on .5 xanax 3x a day. The typical story I lost them is

Customer Question

Im on .5 xanax 3x a day. The typical story I lost them is true. People were here 4 says ago right after i filled them. So im an ostomate afraid of getting dehydrated because I so quickly. I know my dr has prob heard a million dof ate my homework stories but i have generalized anxiety disorder and two weeks before i can go back for a refill.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

I am sorry that you are having so much difficulty with anxiety.

I am not sure what question you are asking, but if you are asking if it is possible to obtain another prescription over the internet, the answer is no. The Xanax can only be prescribed by a doctor that has done a face-to-face evaluation.

If there is other information that you are seeking, please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The information i looking for is what amd where can I go and get help. I realize no one is going to believe i lost them. But can an emergency room or ohysician who sees me help me or am out just gonna have to take the risks associated with just stopping it after a year of use.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know my cousin had a seizure when he quit cokd turkey, im already feeling the dehydration symptoms. My illiostomy was a total colectomy and 11 inches of small intestine from chrons diseas. I have been in great health ever since but dehydration is the issue I have dealt with in situation where im sick or having stomach upset.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im really simply asking if a dr. That sees that i have no abuse history of perscribed drugs or anything else would be able to perscribe them if i tell him the truth which seems like a junkie type story?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or if Im out on a limb and Ill have to see what happens before I xan ask for prevention.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

If you start developing acute symptoms, then it certainly would be appropriate to be seen in an ER, but if you have not yet developed symptoms, ER doctors will generally not prescribe Xanax because of a lost bottle of medicines.

The doctor that would be most likely to prescribe any Xanax before any acute symptoms develop would be your regular doctor. Your regular doctor would have better information about you from the ongoing care that is provided. And if you have been seeing this doctor for a longer period of time, he/she would have a better impression regarding the possibility that you may be drug seeking.

It is also true that the regulatory authorities in many states are becoming more strict in what is allowed by the doctors in that state, so even your regular doctor may be limited in what can be done. However, if any doctor can consider prescribing the Xanax before any acute symptoms develop, it would be your regular doctor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This answer has no medical advice. I know my dr is limited I stated that. This is not a solution, and thats what I came to you for some steps to take to prevent a medical emergency. I would prefer never take xanax but my family dr chooses it as the only option for anxiety disorder. I obviously need to speak with a dr who is familiar with state laws and my medical history to find out what srep to take to manage dehydration over the next two weeks.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

The medical advice in this situation is to see your regular doctor. You asked where you can go and get help including whether an ER can help you, and the answer is that the best option for you to go to get help is your regular doctor. If you develop acute symptoms, then going to the ER would be appropriate, but to try to prevent the acute symptoms, the appropriate action is to see your regular doctor.