Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

It's regarding itching that I'm having only at night in the

Customer Question

Customer: Hi It's regarding itching that I'm having only at night in the vulva area, can't figure it out
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes I had an first outbreak of what was potentially herpes a few weeks ago the blood tests for now show IGM as 1.15 but doc says it's not for sure and we need to repeat the test urine culture says >100,000 cfu trying to figure out what that is and what the itch can be, doc says she doesn't know
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for query,

Itching in vulvar area is a symptom of fungal infection, it is usually accompanied by vaginal discharge as well, i would suggest you should see your doctor as you need antifungal prescription to treat the condition.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi doctor,
What's interesting is that I don't have any discharge so I don't think it's an infection. Also any clue why it only happens at night?
Thanks
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Another possibility is scabies infection which usually present as itching at night time. I would suggest you should get a swab test and skin scraping test to rule out any infection fungal or parasitic so that it can be treated accordingly.

Please do leave a positive rating,

Best.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.