How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29251
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been experiencing vomiting with my bowel movements

Customer Question

I have been experiencing vomiting with my bowel movements about 3 times a week. This week it's become more frequent and I also have pain on my right side, about 2 inches below my rib cage. Should I see a doctor and if so, what type of doctor?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

That suggests the likelihood of gallbladder problem

Gall stone or inflammation of gallbladder can cause these symptoms.

Also liver disease like viral hepatitis or fatty liver disease can be an issue here.

Acute pancreatitis also should be considered.

Blood tests like liver function test, amylase, lipase levels should be checked.

Abdominal ultrasound or CT scan also required.

You should see your primary care doctor first for these tests.

you may need to see a gastroenterologist later based on the clinical findings.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile: