Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I had a check up this week and everything was fine except

Customer Question

I had a check up this week and everything was fine except that my platelet count was low (139,000); I have also have had low immunoglobulin levels for more than a year. Every other level was within the normal range.
I feel very healthy and can't remember the last time I was sick. I am a 60 year old female. I am very anxious that this could be leukemia or some other serious blood disorder. My internist told me to come back it 2 weeks to retest the platelet count. Is there anything you can tell me so I don't freak out for the next 2 weeks, and what if the numbers continue to drop? I am very focused on leukemia.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Are you having any bruising?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not having an bruising out of the ordinary. My medications are zoloft, wellbutrin, lipitor, vitamin d and intermittment baby aspirin.