How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Chaithanya Your Own Question
Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 798
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Chaithanya is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I have social phobia/ social anxitey how can I get

Customer Question

If I have social phobia/ social anxitey how can I get medical help for myself if I can't face anyone much less a doctor
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you have to find a way to see a doctor or a psychiatrist

there might be psychiatrist who are willing to talk to your over the phone and prescribe you medications for anxiety and social phobia such as prozac or zoloft or paxil which over 4-8 weeks could help decrease your social phobia symptoms

and then once your symptoms are better, then you can see a doctor for follow up and evaluation.

have you tried to call psychiatrist over the phone for help?

Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you today.,

You need to go to Psychotherapist, and he will start on cognitive behavioural therapy which is very effective for social Phobia. Drugs are second choice as you need to encouter little side effects for Psychiatric drugs.

This link will give more information about the condition,

Hope the information is helpfl.

Request to leave a positive rating [click on the 5th star].

A little bonus is highly appreciated.

Good day!