This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Persistent blood in stool or rectal bleeding can be due to the following:
1. Polyps or tumors in the colon and rectum
2. Inflammatory bowel disease like ulcerative colitis
3. Angiodyplasia or abnormal blood vessel in the colon wall
4. Diverticulitis--or inflammation of the colon pouches
5. Hemorrhoids--common cause
You need a colonoscopy for further evaluation.
You should follow a high fiber diet and take a stool softener daily to keep your stool soft.
Metamucil and Senna tablets can be together for better action.
Sitz bath is recommended for possible hemorrhoid treatment.
Sitz bath is a bowl of warm water to sit on to relax the anal muscles and improve blood circulation in the hemorrhoids.
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile: