How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 45933
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I get tendenitus allot in both knees. I am 71 years of age

Customer Question

I get tendenitus allot in both knees. I am 71 years of age and like to do outdoor activities.
Can anything be done to limit the painful effects of this condition?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are having such bad tendonitis.

you might benefit from steroid injections into your knees

NSAIDS such as ibuprofen or naproxen can help decrease inflammation.

glucosamine could help.

platelet rich plasma injections into your knees could help calm down inflammation and help with healing.

you might need MRI scans of your knees.

let me know if you have questions.