Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I took 10 nurofen with alcahol in the space of an hour

Customer Question
nearly 1 day ago and...
i took 10 nurofen with alcahol in the space of an hour nearly 1 day ago and my stomach and now back is really hurting, what should i do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
12/7/2015
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

you should go to the A&E or hospital or your GP doctor right away for evaluation

nurofen and alcohol can cause stomach ulcers and severe stomach gastritis inflammation of your stomach

that is why your stomach is hurting

it can also cause your stomach to bleed. blood from your stomach can get digested through your small bowel and turn your stools tar black. this is called melena.

you have to see a doctor right away

you will need medications like Nexium or Protonix to decrease stomach acid so your stomach has a chance to heal

and you will need to avoid alcohol for now.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician