Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Can z pack treat a uti?

Customer Question
Can z pack treat a uti?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
12/7/2015
Doctor: Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Anthony Bray, MD

Hello!

No I'm afraid a Z-pak is great for respiratory but terrible for urinary tract infections. Contact your doctor tomorrow I advise ...many better choices for UTI....

I hope that this is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Doctor: Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered. replied 1 year ago
Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.

Hello Brittany,

I'm Dr Chaithanya, General Physician attending you today.

Azithromycin is not much effective for UTI. It can treat UTI at some instances, but there are various organisms which cause UTI. You are also telling you have got BV.

The best thing that can be done is, go to a doctor, a OB-GYN, who can examine you and see if any discharge is present, take a swab of it and send to culture to see what kind of vaginal infection you have.

Also, urine culture is the best thing to be done, the result shows which organism is causing UTI, and so which antibiotic is effective, so you will be treated accordingly.

Hope the information is helpful.

Request you to leave a positive rating [click on the 5th star], so that I',m compensated for the answer.

A bonus is highly appreciated.

Good day!

Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya