Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Aloha. Is moderate Trichosporon fungus found in a stool

Customer Question
sample serious? I am healing...
Aloha. Is moderate Trichosporon fungus found in a stool sample serious? I am healing leaky gut with great results except I didn't plan on this in the picture.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
12/5/2015
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

Trichosporonosis can infect the GI system in patients who have weakened immune system.

rheumatoid arthritis can affect the immune system.

that is good your diet change has helped.

what is better for your bowel is daily probiotic therapy.

colostrum is from dairy and could help or not.

are you having diarrhea now after you changed your diet to avoid gluten and diary.

milk has a lot of lactose and often can cause diarrhea if you have lactose intolerance.

I haven't been diagnosed with Trichosporonosis. The fungus was found in my stool from a culture but nobody has addressed it yet. I take probiotics daily and I do not have diarrhea and did not have it. I have not started the colostrum yet. I am not lactose intolerant. The colostrum is to heal my gut. I am working to get my system working on its own they process of elimination. The only thing is the fungus that was found in my stool culture. Should I be concerned about this? Bring it up to my doctor? Is the fungus found life threatening? I am worried. Mahalo

you can bring it up to your doctor

but most likely the fungus is not causing your symptom.

that is good you don't have diarrhea.

I bet your doctor will not be worried.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

If this fungus showed up in your patients stool culture what would you do? I am doing better with my RA symptoms. Almost no symptoms and have never been on any meds for it.Thank you

if the patient doesn't have diarrhea or constipation symptoms, I would watch it.

just because the fungus is there, doesn't mean it needs treatment.

that is good you are doing better with your RA

I would continue to do what you are doing.

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician