Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My first Ana positive 1:80 speckled this Ana negative but

Customer Question
high sensitivity anti rnp was...
My first Ana positive 1:80 speckled this Ana negative but high sensitivity anti rnp was positive...I believe I have ehlers danlos. I thought if Ana negative rnp would be negative too
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have hypermobile joints pain depression fatigue and vision issues MRI showed some arthritis but ruled out ms...I have little appetite and lost sixty pounds I experience terrible headaches and get increased heart rate when in shower
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Both my son and I meet all of the criteria on the Brighton scale and has soft velvety skin and scar weird
12/4/2015
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

there is genetic testing which can confirm if you have ehlers danlos syndrome.

it is a rare condition and some rheumatologist may not have experience with it.

you might have to go to a larger city university medical center rheumatology program to see a doctor with experience with it.

are you close to a large city university medical center?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm in Vancouver Canada my neurologist is reffering me to geneticist and pain clinic...how did I get a positive anti rnp and a negative Ana?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Eds is genetic not auto immune so could it mean I have eds plus mctd...

these are different autoimmune testing.

autoimmune testing can be unpredictable and some patients who have conditions like lupus can take years to diagnose because of the nature of the disease and testing.

you need more testing with a specialist with

antibodies to double-stranded DNA (anti-dsDNA) tests,
antibodies to histone tests,
antibodies to phospholipids,
antibodies to Ro/SS-A and La/SS-B,
antibodies to Sm target Sm proteins in the cell nucleus,

and other tests to see if you have an autoimmune disorder or not.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did that had positive on screen negative on all but ant rnp @ 1.38

could be a false positive there.

you may not have autoimmune disorder

you might need those tests repeated in 6-12 months again.

and genetic testing to check for EDS

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
file:///data/data/com.android.browser/files/d1a5bfad-b826-4817-9a42-38381bf09f07.mht

please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

do you have any other questions?

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician