How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2592
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have noticed a itchy area at the top of my bum crack and

Customer Question

I have noticed a itchy area at the top of my bum crack and it looks like a cut that may be healing from being stretched to much but i am worried bc it itches occasionally
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks like a cut so i dont know if it was stretched to much and broke the skin and thats healing or if it could be something else ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is is Dr. David

this could be an early anal fissure.

or an fungal infection

fungal infections often will itch and like to grow in dark warm moist environments.

would you like to upload a clear jpg photo of the area so I can better help you?

here are instructions to how to upload a photo

type a word in the textbox and highlight it

then select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpg

this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ill send a picture
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i in about 15 min ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.