How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2592
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been working in an environment with ozone. I have

Customer Question

I have been working in an environment with ozone. I have been breathing it now for 4 years off and on but for the last year and 6 months almost daily without detector to let you know how much ozone is in the air. Should I go get tested and for what? I
have lost over 30 pounds in the last 6 months and not really hungry. What sort of tests should I get done and is there any long term effects that may not show up now?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

How old are you? Are you male or female? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any symptoms? What is the environment or your job? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
34 year old male, 5'11" 3/4 weighing 185 pounds... Don't know the symptoms, but my heart feels different and I have lost over 30 pounds with no change in diet or exercise. It is an aquaculture facility, enclosed recirculation system for fish and we have to treat the water with ozone. No medical problems, no surgeries, no meds, not sure on family history... there is some though. Lupus, liver problems with my mother and heart attack and cancer in my grandfather. None I know of for myself
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Ozone causes lung problems. Poor appetite? Any increased stress at home or work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** going to speak to someone soon about it. Any special type of doctor to recommend me seeing?
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

You should see a doctor for pulmonary and clinical care medicine or a doctor for occupational medicine. Your company could pay for it if it is related to your work.