Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I was admited to the hospital over night for tonsillitis and

Customer Question
when I was discharged I...
I was admited to the hospital over night for tonsillitis and when I was discharged I was prescribed clindmycin 450mg I only took one dose because I immediately started feeling very bad burning and stomach pain and it has continued all day today is this normal should I be worried
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
11/30/2015
Doctor: Dr. C., Board Certified replied 1 year ago
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified

Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified physician. I can help you today.

I'm sorry that you're having stomach pain. This is a known side effect of clindamycin in some people. It's not serious but will make it hard for you to complete the course of antibiotics you were given.

In this situation, you should call your doctor and let them know what is going on. They may decide to change you to different antibiotic that you may not have the same sensitivity to.

I hope this was reassuring and helpful. Please reply if I can clarify anything.

Any questions?

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified