How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Chaithanya Your Own Question
Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 798
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Chaithanya is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a some dental problems that causing the throbbing

Customer Question

I have a some dental problems that causing the throbbing pain. Doctor gave me vicrophen. I also called my pain clinic and left a message that pain medication was prescribed to me. Want to make sure that my pain doctor knows that.
Just want to make sure, am I violating anything here when it comes to controlled medications?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.


I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you today.

Do not worry if the medication was given to you on a prescription basis.

It is prescribed in case of severe pain.

Hope the information helps.

If you have any questions, ask me, or request you to leave a positive rating[click on the 5th star], so that I'm compensated for the answer. A little bonus is highly appreciated!

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.


It actually depends on what your pain contract says.

Most likely, it requires you do notify them as you have.

If you did not, it is most likely in violation.

Some contracts require contact between the dentist and the pain doctor...they might have to communicate.

I would talk with the office, rather than simply leaving a message.

Please click a positive rating.

I am a double board certified US doctor.

Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

Yes, if you have a written prescription, that is well and good. You can just intimate the same to the pain doctor.

Do not forget to leave a positive rating. Good day!

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.


As i said, I urge you to talk to some one at the pain doctors office.

This will avoid any problems.

You do not want to get accused of doc shopping for vocodin.

In fact, just filling the script can be a should not until they know.

This information is per pain control experts in fact.

Click a positive for Dr. Thomas.

I will always give you correct answers.

Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

Yes, do not worry, as you called pain clinic already. Make sure the doctor knows that you were prescribed the medicine by reconfirming after a while. Good day!

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

See this information.

This is the expert that gave you the proper answer not to even fill the script without talking to the pain control office. This alone can be a violation. It is not enough to state that it is a prescription from another doctor.

This is typical in the US and you can get yourself into trouble with your pain management specialist.

Do not fill the script until you talk with your contract office.

Make sure you click a positive on Dr. Thomas's answer page

That is how we are paid.

See this information as well.

You can save time by requesting me daily. I am here from 9am to 9pm est.

I am board certified by the American Board of Medical examiners.

Which insures that I am up to date as a clinical specialist medical doctor.

I am board certified in both internal medicine and integrative medicine

I have advanced training and experience in pain management as well.

Find me any time for safe, correct, precise and comprehensive answers.

Use a long request lock and "For Dr. Thomas only" in the title.

Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

Can I request to accept the answer and leave a positive rating! Thanks.