Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have a some dental problems that causing the throbbing

Customer Question
Hi, I have a some dental...
I have a some dental problems that causing the throbbing pain. Doctor gave me vicrophen. I also called my pain clinic and left a message that pain medication was prescribed to me. Want to make sure that my pain doctor knows that.
Just want to make sure, am I violating anything here when it comes to controlled medications?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
11/30/2015
Doctor: Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered. replied 1 year ago
Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.

I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you today.

Do not worry if the medication was given to you on a prescription basis.

It is prescribed in case of severe pain.

Hope the information helps.

If you have any questions, ask me, or request you to leave a positive rating[click on the 5th star], so that I'm compensated for the answer. A little bonus is highly appreciated!

Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello

It actually depends on what your pain contract says.

Most likely, it requires you do notify them as you have.

If you did not, it is most likely in violation.

Some contracts require contact between the dentist and the pain doctor...they might have to communicate.

I would talk with the office, rather than simply leaving a message.

Please click a positive rating.

I am a double board certified US doctor.

Yes, if you have a written prescription, that is well and good. You can just intimate the same to the pain doctor.

Do not forget to leave a positive rating. Good day!

Hi

As i said, I urge you to talk to some one at the pain doctors office.

This will avoid any problems.

You do not want to get accused of doc shopping for vocodin.

In fact, just filling the script can be a violation...you should not until they know.

This information is per pain control experts in fact.

Click a positive for Dr. Thomas.

I will always give you correct answers.

Yes, do not worry, as you called pain clinic already. Make sure the doctor knows that you were prescribed the medicine by reconfirming after a while. Good day!

See this information.

This is the expert that gave you the proper answer not to even fill the script without talking to the pain control office. This alone can be a violation. It is not enough to state that it is a prescription from another doctor.

This is typical in the US and you can get yourself into trouble with your pain management specialist.

Do not fill the script until you talk with your contract office.

Make sure you click a positive on Dr. Thomas's answer page

That is how we are paid.

See this information as well.

http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/pain-management-pain-treatment-agreement

You can save time by requesting me daily. I am here from 9am to 9pm est.

I am board certified by the American Board of Medical examiners.

Which insures that I am up to date as a clinical specialist medical doctor.

I am board certified in both internal medicine and integrative medicine

I have advanced training and experience in pain management as well.

Find me any time for safe, correct, precise and comprehensive answers.

Use a long request lock and "For Dr. Thomas only" in the title.

Can I request to accept the answer and leave a positive rating! Thanks.

Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya