How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 64954
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am desperately trying to find help for my sister in

Customer Question

I am desperately trying to find help for my sister in Florida,
who has acute levator ani syndrome.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.


There are effective treatments for this syndrome.

She needs to find a gastroenterologist at this point, to start.

Simply google "gastroenterologists in Florida".

Go to the healthgrades link, it is reliable.

If you tell me where in florida, I can do this for you.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Electrogalvanic stimulation is a treatment that has some promose for this syndrome.

This should be combined, in my view, with complete physical therapy.

Here is an NIH write up on this.

I am a double board certified clinical doctor [US].

Please see my profile. Our profiles tell you our training, certification and other qualifications.

I am here daily by request [For Dr. Thomas only...use that in the question title.].

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Here is a list you can use for GI doctors, anywhere in florida.

Please don't forget a positive rating on Dr. Thomas's answer page here. The scale is at the top of the answer page.