Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have been sick with cough and cold. Coughing so hard I

Customer Question
I have been sick with...
I have been sick with cough and cold. Coughing so hard I have had stress incontinence. I now have what appears to be canker sores around my vaginal/urethral area. Could this be from the stress incont.?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2015
Doctor: Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor

Thank you for your question, are you sexually active ?

Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,

This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.

I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

These sores can be due to the recent infection you had.

Stress from the infection can activate the immune system which can attack the skin lining causing sores.

Another possibility can be the viral infection like herpes simplex type 1 or 2.

This can be confirmed by a clinical evaluation.

Bacterial infection is another possibility as well.

You should see your doctor for further evaluation if not improving.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you today.

If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!

This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

If you are sexually active then these ulcers can be due to viral infection,

Hi there,

You can try over the counter triple antibiotic and hydrocortisone ointments together twice daily.

You should see your doctor for further evaluation if not improving in 2-3 days.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you today.

This is the link to my profile:

Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello

What you describe is herpes until proven otherwise.

Have it swabbed now, to make sure.

If you wait, it can go away, and that is not an optimal diagnostic situation.

This is Dr. Thomas, a double board certified US clinical doctor of over twenty years.

I would never recommend that a patient "wait" on ulcers in this area.

Get it diagnosed.

Please click a positive rating for Dr. Thomas.

Hi there,

Best wishes,

Oral valacyclovir can be used 1 gram 3 times daily along with a stronger steroid triamcinolone ointment to help with the cure.

It was my pleasure to help you today.

This is the link to my profile:

Hello

In terms of using over the counter bacterial creams.

They are not effective or reliably effective against staph bacteria, which would be the common bacteria involved.

For this, mupiricin, a prescription, would be needed.

We do NOT replace a needed doctors visit on the site. We answer questions. We do not diagnose or treat.

With the possibilities of herpes and MRSA, both of which can give this picture, you need to have a doctor look at this in person.

I would be glad to look at pictures as well.

Always find Dr. Thomas in medical, to save time, and to always receive correct, safe, medically up to date, comprehensive answers.

I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.

Please click a positive rating on my answer page. This is the only way we are paid, per rating specifically for the individual expert.

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician