Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Dr. SH, you have answered a question for me in the past. I

Customer Question
have health anxiety, and I...
Dr. SH, you have answered a question for me in the past. I have health anxiety, and I asked this question yesterday and was reassured. But the nature of my anxiety causes me to doubt that I explained myself accurately, and so I need to ask for reassurance
once more. Last night I was having a dress fitted, and the seamstress used about a dozen pins. It was a slip-on dress, so it was hard to remove without getting stuck. I was aware of this so was being as careful as possible but felt prickling sensations as
I slowly got the dress off. I am obsessed that someone could have been stuck with these pins recently and that I could be at risk for hepatitis c. The JA doctor reassured me, based on my description of feeling a prickling sensation and no blood, but I am questioning
if I could be sure I wasn't stuck, although I did not see blood or feel pain, just a feeling of the sharp pin on my skin. I hope you can reassure me that I can stop worrying about this. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
11/25/2015
Doctor: Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician

There is no risk of hepatitis C here.

Trust me, you have nothing to worry about.

It is your anxiety that is getting the better of you at the moment.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me when done.

Kind regards

Dr. SH
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician