Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Is it the tabocin is contra indicated to treat arthritis, is

Customer Question
is it the tabocin is...
is it the tabocin is contra indicated to treat arthritis , is there any scientific study we can stand on ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
11/23/2015
Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Do you mean Doxycycline(Tabocine)? Which type of arthritis? Give more details and the history.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your reply.

Basically this medication is moderately effective in the treatment of early rheumatoid arthritis and is used less frequently as a disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs). Regarding its usage as a disease modifying osteoarthritis drug, it is not used frequently, however some trials and studies have shown that doxycycline may slow the radiographic progression in some patients.

Take care.

Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor