DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I have used Just Answer advise in the past and have been

Customer Question

I have used Just Answer for Veterinary advise in the past and have been very satisfied with the answers that I have received from the three vets that I was contacted by.
I do not believe in Rx drugs due to all of the "out to lunch" side effects that they proudly advertise on TV. I was curious if there are doctors on Just Answer who practice alternative medicine (Ayurveda / Naturopathy / etc.....). My current ailment is high Blood pressure. Between three of my local doctors, I have noticed that they appear to be in competition with each other, and each one seems biased towards a preferred Rx drug of their personal choice. They criticize the others and are in disagreement with their treatments.
I am a believer in Ayurveda....I am looking for natural blood pressure herbs / foods / etc.
Advise is appreciated.
Thank you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

We do not treat or replace your doctor on this site.

I am board certified in internal medicine and integrative medicine.

It takes 6 months to a year in most patients who truly have hypertension to get their

blood pressure under control "naturally."

You will have to be supervised.

A good doctor list of doctors who do this is here

www.functional medicine.org

Which herbs, supplements and other treatments you receive depend on exam, labs and evidence based approaches.

The approach is individualize just as in Ayurveda.

Typically , I start with weight loss as indicated, correct exercise, a nutrient dense, anti inflammtory diet, magnesium supplementation and if needed, arginine.

That is initially.

Anything beyond that requires lab measurement, exam, history and diagnosis.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.