Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am suffering from severe restlessness and insomnia. #

Customer Question

I am suffering from severe restlessness and insomnia. # months ago I was in a horrible MC accident and broke 18 bones in my upppper left quadrant. I seem to be curring OK although slowly for me.
about 5 days ago I started having severe restlessness starting about 10:30 at night and lasting about five hours before sleep. It is driving me nuts.
I am under a Doctors care but it is late at night. Las night I admitted myself to a nursing home and then gave me a huge shot of something that put me right to sleep. They woke me up soon after and I went home. They prescribed Benadryl and Lorazepam`50 and 25 grams respectively. I also take 25 grams of Seroquel ad 1 tablet of acid reducer.
I have been taking Oxycodone for three months now. I take 2 25 mg tablets before I go to bet. This is really driving me nuts and I have to get heop quick. The meds provided by the ER room have not helped at all.
Alan F. Hall
+
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for query,

You should get an EKG and x-ray chest and oxygen saturation monitoring in the ER . All of this should be done to rule out anything serious. If everything seems to be fine it can be anxiety attack which can get settled by sedative medication, but first heart and lungs related things to be ruled out.

I would suggest you should visi ER again as soon as possible .

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Sorry i can not take phone calls right now,

You can ask further questions here.