Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I had sex with sex worker week ago. I licked her vagina and

Customer Question
Sir, I had sex with sex...
Sir,
I had sex with sex worker week ago. I licked her vagina and we had intercouse with condom.after that I got stomach pain for three days then my pain got cured and today sudden throat pain. I need to know this tells I am infected with HIV or just normal throat infection
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
11/19/2015
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

The risk of HIV is very low from protected sexual intercourse.

The irsk is about one in 600 cases.

The risk is very low from licking vagina as well like one in 10,000 cases.

HIV symptoms do not appear so soon --takes at least 6 to 8 weeks.

So not possible.

Your symptoms are likely routine virus related issues like stomach virus or cold virus --nothing else.

Do not worry.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

OK you gave me hope thanks

Very welcome

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
This is the link to my profile:

Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello

I have a different answer for you.

Acute retroviral syndrome typically appears within 2 to 4 weeks.

That is an average, plus or minus:. sometimes a bit earlier or later. In fact, symptoms for ARS vary.

See here

https://www.aids.gov/hiv-aids-basics/just-diagnosed-with-hiv-aids/hiv-in-your-body/stages-of-hiv/

and here

http://reference.medscape.com/article/211873-overview

In fact, 1-4 weeks is probably a better range, on average, according to a number of experts:

http://epi.publichealth.nc.gov/cd/lhds/manuals/std/training/2010/PeterLeone3.pdf

I will say:

Your symptoms were not typical of ARS. I have worked with many patients over 20 years and can tell you I don't think this is ARS, but you still need to be tested.

See here for the typical syndrome:

I am a double board certified US doctor.

Find me by request in medical daily.

Please click a positive rating on my answer page at the top.

I will always give you accurate, correct, safe and precise answers.

All adults in your situation should be tested.

By the way: I am a double board certified doctor, Board Certified in Internal medicine by the American Board of Internal medicine. HIV is our venue, and certification assures we are up to date.

Please click a positive rating.

The rating scale is at the top of the answer page. Make sure it is my answer page if you want me to get credit and pay.

Find me anytime in medical as needed. Let me know of any concerns you have on any medical , health, integrative [alternative] medical subject.

Let me know how it goes.

dt

Hi there,

The irsk is about one in 600 cases.

So not possible.

Do not worry.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
This is the link to my profile:

Please see my references above on the time frame of ARS.

Please also see this study

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3091862/

Note that it is an NIH study.

Note also that the median time of onset of symptoms was 14 days.

This means right in the middle, so about a week before that and a week after that would approximately be the first standard deviation of onset of symptoms. 1 week not being as common, but not that uncommon.

Find me anytime in the medical catetgory

I am here every day of the week, 9am to 9PM EST.

Use my request link and "for Dr. Thomas only" in the question title.

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician