Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Had a near death drowning experience 4 months ago. Have not

Customer Question

Had a near death drowning experience 4 months ago. Have not been able to get an erection since. I am 85 years old but was able to have erection before drowning.
Is there an answer
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Well a near drowning could potentially cause devastating injuries but it sounds from your history that this has not been the case.. it could for example cause brain injury and widespread organ injury >>> I've never heard of SPECIFIC ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION due to near drowning...

Your question to me implies that you came through this horrifying scare pretty well without severe problems such as organ injury ( heart, lung. liver, kidneys, brain)

I more suspect that the erectile dysfunction could be due to the psychological impact >> this type of event would cause a pretty severe psychological impact >> it could cause PTSD and anxiety problems.. that MIGHT be issue that relates to the erectile dysfunction...

Now the problem of ED would be very common by your age and the possibility of it being somewhat coincidental is also possible...

I would recommend that you consult your doctor or urologist with regard to this problem. I think that a trial of one of the common ED medicines may help you >> trying either Viagra or Cialis or Levitra may help to restore your function back to normal ( this can be of help with physical issues of reduced blood flow as well as psychological reasons as well ) These meds help in >90 percent of men with ED problems to better obtain and maintain an erection...

Your testosterone level may be checked as if this is too low that that could impact your sexual function as well >>

These are the areas that i would suggest to be of probable help to you with this issue...

I hope that this information is helpful for you! Let me know if you have further questions. I will be happy to get back with you! If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD