How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 46332
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had a destended stomach for a couple it

Customer Question

I have had a destended stomach for a couple it feels like my lower intestine is under my breast and keeps trying to move up..I feel like I am choking...I can't feels like my stomach has been cut off...hope you can help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you need to see a doctor right away

you could have a hiatal hernia of your stomach being pushed up into your chest through your diaphram

you could be having excessive swelling of your bowels from colitis or bowel allergies like to gluten allergies or milk lactose allergies.

you might need a colonoscopy to check for colon swelling

you can try avoiding gluten in bread, pasta, pizza for a week and avoiding dairy and bread and see if this helps your symptoms.

you need to avoid spicy foods and alcohol and foods which worsen stomach acid.

you might need stomach acid reducing medications like zantac, prilosec or maalox, mylanta to reduce stomach acid.

scar tissue from abdominal surgery can cause obstruction which usually causes severe abdominal pain and nausea and vomiting

you might benefit from an abdominal CT scan to look inside of your abdomen.

have you had a CT scan recently?

have you had a colonoscopy before?

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Very simply you probably have a stomach ulcer.

Get to ER now and get an endoscopy done

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

from your symptoms, it is unclear what could be causing your symptoms.

you could have excessive stomach acid or acid reflux, you could have a stomach ulcer or a duodenal ulcer from too much stomach acid.

you could have a hiatal hernia

you could have swelling of your colon and large bowel.

you could have gastroparesis slow motility of your stomach

you need more testing to find out what is causing your symptoms

a CT scan, upper endoscopy and colonoscopy.

do you have a doctor you can see who can run some tests for you?