How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 46954
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I believe I have a fecal impaction what should I do?

Customer Question

I believe I have a fecal impaction what should I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you should go to the ER if you think you have fecal impaction

it looks like you have tried strong laxatives and enemas already.

if mag citrate and fleet enemas have not cleared your constipation and you still have stool in your rectum or colon, you need to see a doctor at the ER

there they can help with a finger dis-impaction to help get the stools to start to move

and they can do an abdominal xray to check on your bowels

and they have stronger enemas and laxatives they can give you at the hospital

you don't want to risk using stronger laxatives yourself

do you have a hospital or ER close to you where you can see a doctor or nurse right away?

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using