Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

About 5 years ago, when i was poop, something like ball came

Customer Question

about 5 years ago, when i was poop, something like ball came out of my vigina. and since then it has stayed at my viginat wall
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5years ago,when i was poop,something like ball came out of my vigina.and stayed at my viginal wall since then
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

This is likely to be a Bartholin's cyst, and your doctor had advised you sitz baths where you soak in a tub filled with a few inches of warm water (sitz bath) several times a day for three or four days and this may help a small, infected cyst to rupture and drain on its own. However sometimes you may need surgery to drain a cyst that's infected or very large. Even after a surgical procedure to treat an infected cyst or abscess, soaking in warm water is particularly important, and these sitz baths help to keep the area clean, ease discomfort and promote effective drainage of the cyst. Pain relievers such as tylenol or advil also may be helpful. Antibiotics may also be required.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a five star rating.

Thanks.

Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

However if you have no signs or symptoms the Bartholin's cyst requires no treatment. Treatment will depend on the size of the cyst, your discomfort level and whether it's infected, which can result in an abscess.

Take care.

Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Please don't forget to rate the answer with five stars. If you any more questions please ask.

Thanks.