Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I woke up this am with pain in my right lung - thought i had

Customer Question
hello - i woke up...
hello - i woke up this am with pain in my right lung - thought i had pulled a muscle put heating pad on - now a few hours later i still have the pain and I feel the pain when i breathe - it is more in my back - not sure if i should go to the ER - feeling a bit silly thinking about it
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
11/11/2015
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

yes, you should go to the ER

pain when you breath in the right lung could be a sign of a small blood clot or pulmonary embolism in your lungs.

they can check for this at the ER with a CT angiogram of your lungs.

you need a doctor's exam of your muscles and evaluation as well

you should got to the ER right away by ambulance or have someone bring you there

they can also check your heart with EKG and blood test to see if you are having atypical chest pains due to your heart

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician