How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 18537
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a 29 year old female who have been bothered with bone

Customer Question

Hello I'm a 29 year old female who have been bothered with bone pain/knee pain since I was about 15. I've noticed over the past year I've developed more symptoms that could have possibly developed into a serious condition. If I think back around my teenage years even to this day I've been bothered with very tender bones. If my husband hugs me tight or presses any part of my body with a very small amount of pressure it tends to hurt my bones really bad. He has always told me I should get it checked because it's not normal for him to touch me lightly and it cause so much pain. After about 2 minutes after a tight hug or touch the pain will eventually fade away. Then my knees ache very badly it went from aching a few times a week at night to now most days all day. I've been to a orthopedic Dr and had x rays/ CT scan done a few yrs ago I was prescribed naproxen but that didnt seem to help or cure my symptoms. During my pregnancy 5 yrs ago I was diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency at very low levels and was told I should continue taking vitamin D. I've noticed over the past 2yrs I've developed depression and anxiety, restlessness, I can't seem to focus on anything very long without getting frustrated. The past 2 months I've developed horrible migraines. last week i begin to have bad neck and back pain. My neck hurts so bad it hurts to turn my head. Also I've noticed over the pass few weeks when I walk a bone in my lower back pops very loudly when I take a step with my left leg. My bones constantly ache and make very loud popping noises which has been going on for years. Specifically my ankles, rist, and fingers pop all day. If there's anything u could suggest please feel free to comment
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

It will help if you could provide some further information.

Do you have the results of the x-rays and CT scan done a few years ago?

Has any blood tests to look for systemic inflammatory conditions? If so, what tests were done?

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

I had asked for some further information and have not heard back.

The recommendation for next steps would typically be dependent upon the findings on the previous evaluation.

If the x-rays and CT scan showed primarily degenerative changes or wear and tear, then a trial of another anti-inflammatory medicine would be appropriate. If there are anatomic defects that predispose to the development of degenerative changes, then a specific intervention for that anatomic defect would be appropriate.

It also would be appropriate to consider evaluation for systemic inflammatory conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis or systemic lupus. The x-rays and CT scan may have some findings to suggest certain inflammatory conditions, but there also are certain blood tests that can be done, including a sed rate, rheumatoid factor, and anti-nuclear antibody (ANA).

In addition, it would be appropriate to continue vitamin D supplementation until the blood level is normal. If the evaluation does not find any specific underlying cause, then it also may help to use a medicine that can help chronic musculoskeletal pain from a variety of causes, including certain anticonvulsants, such as gabapentin or pregabalin, or certain antidepressants, such as amitriptyline or duloxetine. In someone that also has significant depression or anxiety, then the use of an antidepressant would usually be preferred.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.