Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have returned from a cruise last Sunday and have been ill

with the flu since. Smyptoms...
I have returned from a cruise last Sunday and have been ill with the flu since. Smyptoms include low fever (99.5-100), body aches, night sweats, fatigue. The cruise was from Haitai, Jamaica, Caymen Islands, and Mexico. The fever now seems to be gone, but all else remain. I also have Cystic Fibrosis, but so far this flu does not appear to have affected my lungs. This is day 9 of this and I was wondering if now that the fever is gone does that mean this is coming to an end?
11/8/2015
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

that is a good sign the fever is better

but you are still best to see a doctor to get an examination and a chest xray.

if you are coughing up sputum, you might need a sputum culture.

you could still have a silent pneumonia in your lung or fluid in your lungs.

you might still need a course of antibiotics or antiviral medication if you have an influenza flu viral infection.

with cystic fibrosis, your lung immune system can be less.

so best to see a doctor for a full exam and checkup

you can see a doctor at the ER or urgent care center or your primary care doctor this week.

let me know if you have other questions.

make sure you drink plenty of fluids

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,

This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.

I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

You have been living with systic fibrosis --so you kno hw lung infections feel like very well.

Given that no shortness of breath or change in sputum, lung infection is not likely.

You got a viral infection --not flu --as your fever never went above 101 and you do not have any other symptoms like vomiting, diarrhea.

Your symptoms will gradually improve over a week or so.

Nothing concerning here.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you today.

If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!

This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

This is Dr. DAvid

how old are you?

if you are more advanced age, low grade fevers can be more worrisome.

you should see a doctor and get a chest xray just to be sure there is no silent pneumonia in your lungs

are you coughing up sputum?

Hi there,

Nothing concerning here.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you today.

This is the link to my profile:

This is Dr. David

that is a good sign the fever is better

make sure you drink plenty of fluids

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Hi there,

Nothing concerning here.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you today.

This is the link to my profile:

This is Dr. David

do you have any other questions?

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician