Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor ( General Medicine)
9385906

I have been experiencing nausea a lot, stomach pain around

I have been experiencing nausea a lot, stomach pain around navel, feeling tired, weak and very cold a lot. My doctor orderd some blood test and I just viewed some results on the computer of my blood tests I was wondering what any of them could mean if
anything serious the tests are: hemaocrit blood test my was at 42.8 the highest they want it at for reference range is 41.9 so mine is high, and I noticed it has been slightly elevated past few times, hemoglobin mine is 14.3 which is the last number for the
highest number they want for reference range, lactate dehydrogenase is low my is at 95, chloride level a bit elevatec mine was at 110 the highest they want it is 106, and Glomeur Filtration rate mine was at 61 I had these tests done on November 5 I noticed
I had the Glomeur filtration rate test done on September 29 then it was 69 so it did go down a bit between September and now from 69 to 61. Those are the only abnormal test results I see. Is there anything to be concerned or worried over like any kind of serious
condition.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 1 year ago.

Greetings.

Welcome to the site.

Well, all your investigations except one that is GFR seem to be more or less on the normal side, slight increase in one or more of them does not amount to be serious.

However, coming back to reduced GFR in your case, which should be 90 or above to be normal for the kidney function, it has decreased by 8 since September so at 61, GFR does indicate that your kidney function is slightly impaired, therefore i suggest that you ask your treating doctor to refer you for either Ultrasonography or CT scan of abdomen ( whole), and see through this investigations, to what level is your kidney function has been impaired as this will be able to give a better picture.

Also, in addition to the above mentioned investigation, also get your Kidney function test done and urine routine microscopy done as these tests will assist the use or CT scale in clearing email picture about your kidney functioning.

The rest of the investigations that are slightly raised are of no significance, you shall concentrate on kidney tests discuss the same with your treating doctor.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best. As of now do not try to jump to hasty conclusion as the test values do not indicate serious condition, but the kidneys need to be looked at and assessed, so kindly do the needful.

Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.

Regards

If you have further queries then please feel free to ask them.

If you have no further queries and if you are satisfied with the answer then kindly please leave a POSITIVE RATING.

Regards