How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Amir Your Own Question
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8844
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Amir is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What do I do if my pain specialist is not listening to me. I

Customer Question

What do I do if my pain specialist is not listening to me. I have a contract but feel like a criminal if I ask to increase.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to have few important details. Which pain medication your pain specialist is not increasing? Have you seen another pain specialist? Which type of contract do you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ultram and Percocet 5/325. I take the ultramnduring the day and the Percocet to help sleep. Problem is that I take one Percocet a day and it wears off in 4hrs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have seen other specialists in the same office. The contract is that I deal with him only for controlled medications.
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for getting back to me. I think sometimes its difficult to convince the physician for an increase in the amount of pain medications dosage which are controlled due to possible addiction. I will suggest to change the office and get registered yourself in another office where you can able to give your reason more freely and may be that can be the new start. Also you can try to have the contract change and tranfer of your care to another pain medicine specialist in the same office. I am sorry you felt like criminal you should not be feeling like that and your doctor should try to understand the reason and give effective pain medication dosage.

Please click positive rating hopefully excellent. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Don't worry if you forget anything you can always come back to me.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed