Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I took a drug test on th 10/15 a total of 9 for a tooth

Customer Question

I took a drug test on th 10/15 a total of 9 for a tooth extraction, it was used as sparingly as possible. Since then 15 days passed and I received a phone call that my test was positive. It is a mistakes!?!? My doctor stared me on lexapro 10 my , do you thing this would alter my results?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Could you provide more detail of what test result was positive?

I had asked for some clarification and have not heard back.

It is unclear what test result you would have had done for a tooth extraction or what test was positive. However, the Lexapro has only been associated with limited alteration in tests, specifically with liver enzyme or bilirubin elevation because of an effect on the liver or an increase in cholesterol levels.

If you can provide any clarification of the testing, then I can provide additional comment.