How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 45972
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I drink too much alcohol. Like 4 days a week upto a pint of

Customer Question

I drink too much alcohol. Like 4 days a week upto a pint of vodka. So 1 day I passed out and was admitTed to the hospital. My ALT was 152 andy AST was 133. Then I refrained for almost 15 days and started the same. I passed out again and was brought to the hospital. This time within less than a month of the last visit my ALT WAS 214 and my AST was 307. My doctor did an ultrasound and of course said I have fatty liver and I can never drink again in my life. My concern is can it be reversed? and I don't drink alcohol for about 5 years or so maintaining a healthy liver diet that I can start drinking very moderately only at social parties or so. I know it sounds absurd. But if you answer that would be great.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you can't even drink moderately only at parties.

you have to avoid alcohol completely

you have shown you have no control over your alcohol use and over use.

you need to seek professional medical help for your repeated alcohol use.

you should joint a support group like AA to help you psychologically stop drinking.

you can slowly change and improve your liver by 100% stopping alcohol.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using