Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience
15267045

Day 5 post op 10cm cyst ovary and Fallopian tube all

Customer Question

Hi day 5 post op 10cm cyst ovary and Fallopian tube all removed, a tubal ligation on other and D&C...pain still present on the ligation side even when have 1 endone and 2 paracetamols.
Just tried 2 endone with 2 panadeine forte...became nauseated 'weird' in the head and quite sedated...
As this has been the only time I've been pain free since surgery I'm tempted to repeat process at bedtime...but unsure if it is deemed 'safe'
Category: Medical
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 1 year ago.

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Endone/Oxycodone is a narcotic analgesic which should be used carefully as per your doctor's recommendations.The usual post operative dosage is one tablet every 6-8 hourly orally.Any increase in dosage can create problems as there are quite a few side effects with such drugs including respiratory depression,sedation,dizziness,nausea,hypotension.If you are experiencing pain despite taking the drugs ,it would be prudent to discuss this with the doctor/surgeon who is taking care of you.He may adjust the dosage or add other drugs to ensure that you are kept pain free.Taking a overdose of such medicines is potentially dangerous and can be extremely harmful.