Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Woke up really hot and dizzy. No appetite and now I feel

Customer Question
nauseous when I stand up...
Woke up really hot and dizzy. No appetite and now I feel nauseous when I stand up. Cold and hot. On my first day of my period. Was very very sick with a really bad cold for about 3 weeks. Feeling better from that but now this happened. Had my thyroid checked about a year and a half ago and they said I was on the edge of needing medication. Do you think that could be related to this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
10/28/2015
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

yes, you should get your thyroid hormone levels checked again. a full year is too long to wait to see if your thyroid hormone levels are too low or not.

was your thyroid hormone levels too high or too low one year ago?

you could be dehydrated or have a viral infection or inner ear infection or sinus infection causing your dizziness and nausea.

you should see a doctor right away at the ER or urgent care center to get checked.

they can check your thyroid hormone levels there as well

let me know if you have questions.

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician