How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2592
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 78 yr old English lady living in Algarve. I am

Customer Question

I am a 78 yr old English lady living in Algarve. I am completely alone and now in need of help. I am deaf, diabetic, short term memory problem and doubly incontinent. I cannot afford to pay for help and my house is constantly needing repairs I have rain coming through the ceilings. And now I am being hounded by a phone company to pay for mobile which I never used as it was faulty.
How can I manage to buy incontinence equipment and hearing aids. My pension is around €500/month and I receive a small rental income from land which I am trying to sell. I don't know what to do. I am mobile and independant in most ways but feeling panic stricken as I keep losing things, and forgetting everything. What can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

I understand that this you are in a difficult situation.

Have you been seen for this?

Any tests done?

Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?

Please let me know.

Kind regards